Common Water Problems
Professional water testing can diagnose many of the issues you may find with your water. With a proper diagnosis, you can come up with a solution. Here is a list of some of the problems you may encounter and what CGC Water Kinetico can do to help.
Many homes in Michigan, Florida and Georgia suffer from some level of hard water. The term “hard water” refers to the presence of excess calcium, magnesium and/or iron. Hard water damages our water heaters, disposal units, plumbing, washing machines and septic systems.
Our experts can accurately diagnose water problems in your home or business. We know the full range of available equipment and technology and can match your needs to an excellent solution.
Iron & Manganese Staining
Iron and manganese can leave rust stains on clothing, appliances and fixtures. What’s more, these metals can make your water taste and smell bad. If the water coming out of your faucet has a metallic taste, we have solutions available to make it clean and fresh again. Most of the time, pipe systems are responsible for the metallic taste. Metallic water can cause pipe corrosion, leading to annoying rust stains in sinks and bathtubs in addition to its poor taste. A simple test can identify the mineral content in water and determine whether it is safe to drink. And a CGC Water Kinetico filtration system can easily remove the various impurities found in metallic-tasting water.
Rotten Egg Odor
There’s nothing worse than turning on your sink faucet and being hit with the horrible smell of rotten eggs. This smell is caused by the presence of hydrogen sulfide gas. Though it isn’t harmful to drink, it can be extremely unpleasant.
If you are experiencing this issue, a professional from CGC Water Kinetico can come up with the best treatment solution.
Chlorine Odor or Taste
Does your tap water smell or taste like chlorine? While chlorine is not harmful, it can be unpleasant to smell and drink regularly. Rest assured that this issue can be eliminated with ease. A drinking water filtration system is the ideal solution. This filtration system can easily be installed directly to your faucets or outside of your home.
The more acidic your water is the more corrosive it is. Testing the pH and alkalinity levels of your water will show how acidic it is.
The pH level of pure water is 7, and anything lower is typically considered acidic. Anything higher than 7 is considered basic. The ideal pH level of drinking water is between 6-8.5.
“Alkalinity” measures the capacity of water to resist changes in pH levels that would make it more acidic. Acidic water is not harmful to drink, but may have a metallic taste.
Sign up for a free water analysis report today to test your water’s acidity!
If water is not properly treated, it wears down lead pipes along your water supply line. The lead from the pipes enters your drinking water if you do not have a proper filtration system in place.
Consuming lead can lead to health issues such as stunting growth in children and organ and nervous system damage.
Call CGC Water Kinetico today to speak to one of our representatives and see if one of these drinking water systems is right for you.
Arsenic (an odorless, tasteless, colorless simi-metal) is a common water issue in some states. It may enter the water supply and has potentially harmful at high levels.
Our free test helps determine the type and amount of contaminants, and our experts will recommend the right filter for your home or business.
Benefits of Drinking Clean Water
If you’re still not sure whether you need or want a water softener, consider the following benefits of owning a Kinetico water softener and drinking water system:
- When you get your drinking water system installed, you will no longer have to buy bottled water. Just keep filling your reusable water bottle.
- A water softener reduces the workload on your water heater, thereby saving you money on your energy bill.
- Soft water flowing through your appliances extends their life because the lime can no longer build up in the pipelines. Appliances such as your washing machine and dishwasher have a better chance of outliving their warranty.
- Water softeners help you spend less time and money cleaning. No more caustic and expensive cleaners will be required once you rid your house of the scum and buildup that required them in the first place.
- Your clothes will look and smell better when you install a Kinetico Water Softener. Your detergent will now be able to completely lift dirt away from your clothes, leaving them softer and smelling clean.
- Hydration is important for everyone. It is hard to want to stay hydrated when the water doesn’t taste as good as it could. Encourage hydration by installing a drinking water system. The water tastes so good, everyone will want to drink it!
- Cleaner water also means cleaner foods. Serve healthier and better-tasting meals when you rinse with softened water.